Hamptons Style on a shoe string budget

Wednesday

Ever since I saw the Hampton Home of Amanda Nisbet in Style at Home Magazines Colour Issue, I haven't been able to get the fabric in the entryway out of my mind. It wouldn't work for our roman blinds, the pattern seems too large. (Skip over the to the trade only, and budget, which were also reasons for the fabric working) But I loved, loved the look.

I was flipping through the same issue again today and came across a fabric grouping on page 38. Do you spot that blue and white fabric? The one right above the pink fabric? Doesn't it kind of look like the fabric in Amanda's entryway?

That fabric is Amy Butler. And that means...affordable. I will throw it out there that I wasn't the biggest fan of Amy Butler fabrics before. Just not my style. But when I saw the Temple Doors in Flo Blue I developed a fabric crush.  I found it ridiculously inexpensive compared to my designer counterparts so I've bought it online through a fabric seller on ETSY for just over $11 a yard. I wouldn't normally buy fabric sight unseen, but since I only needed a few yards.
You know what, it may not work. But there is no harm in trying.

Ps., This also is a lesson to me to re-flip through old magazines as you'll never know what will pop out when you are doing a new project.
Share on : Facebook Twitter Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment